Are you a car owner looking for a better way to manage warranties for your vehicle? GM Global Warranty Management System (GMWMS) is a comprehensive system designed to help car owners and auto dealers track and manage warranty information. This system enables car owners to save time, money, and hassle by streamlining the entire warranty management process. This blog post will provide an overview of GMWMS, explain the terminology, cover some of the system features, and discuss how to install the GM Global Warranty Management Application.
What is GM Global Warranty Management?
GM Global Warranty Management (GMWM) is a software solution developed by General Motors for managing automotive warranties. It provides dealerships and service centers with the tools to efficiently administer all warranty processes and transactions, from recording claims to generating reports. With GMWM, dealers can track and manage their customers’ warranty transactions in real time and provide faster, more accurate service.
The system also helps dealers organize and analyze warranty data, improving customer satisfaction. GMWM also offers an integrated suite of features that make it easier to manage warranty administration, including document processing, automated payments, customer notifications, and automatic claims validation.
Understanding the Terminology of GM Global Warranty Management System
The General Motors Global Warranty Management System (GWMS) uses several terms that should be understood to ensure the proper use of the system.
- The repair order is referred to as the job card, and each repair or sublet is referred to as a job. To refer to the sublets, GM uses the term net items. These items are necessary for the warranty process to take place.
- All parts used in repairs must also be specified in the GWMS. The parts are referred to as GM-approved serviceable parts, and all claims must be purchased from a GM dealership to be eligible for warranty coverage. All parts used in the repair must have a valid service part number, which will be included in the GWMS when submitting a job card.
- Finally, it is important to understand the terminology used to refer to labor rates and time. GM dealerships use labor rate codes (LRCs) to indicate how long it will take to complete a repair or service job. GM uses labor rate codes to calculate labor charges for warranty work. Labor times are also specified in the GWMS and can be adjusted if needed.
- By understanding the terminology used in the GM Global Warranty Management System, GM dealerships can ensure their warranty repair orders are processed efficiently and accurately.
Components of GM Global Warranty Management System
By understanding these terms, you can better understand how this system works and what it can do to help you ensure that your customers get quality service and warranty coverage. GMWM is composed of the following components.
1: Global Warranty Center (GWC)
This is responsible for providing warranty services and managing warranty claims. The GWC also houses the Warranty Information System (WIS), which includes information on the warranties offered by GM. This system contains all the pertinent data, including the terms and conditions of the warranties and the procedure for filing a claim.
2: Claim Processing System (CPS).
This system processes warranty claims that have been submitted by customers. Once the CPS has accepted a claim, it will determine if it meets the coverage criteria and will provide a resolution for the customer.
3: Automated Claim Processing System (ACPS).
It automates the entire process of filing and processing warranty claims. The ACPS simplifies the process by using technology to automate the review of the claims so that they can be processed faster and more efficiently.
Here are some System Features of the GM Global Warranty Management System
GM Global Warranty Management System is an innovative, automated system that simplifies managing warranties for your GM vehicles. This system provides a comprehensive vehicle and service history database, allowing you to quickly and easily identify and track any action taken on a vehicle or part.
The GM Global Warranty Management System features several key features.
1: The system streamlines the entire warranty process
Firstly, the system streamlines the entire warranty process. It completes every write-up and claims in a mere five seconds, eliminating time wasted on manual data entry and paper forms. In addition, it automatically identifies repairs or other troubled vehicle situations and initiates wholesale involvement that could reduce the chances of a buyback.
2: Real-time claim submission and memos
The GM Global Warranty Management System also provides real-time claim submissions and memos, allowing you to take immediate corrective action. This ensures that all data is reviewed and monitored and that vehicles are not kept out of service for too long. Finally, the system also sends out automatic notifications when a vehicle’s warranty is about to expire, allowing you to ensure that you don’t miss any critical deadlines.
3: Straightforward and intuitive
Installing the GM Global Warranty Management System is straightforward and intuitive. Simply follow the instructions provided in the user guide and have the system up and running in no time. With its comprehensive features, you can rest assured that an effective warranty management system will cover your GM vehicles.
How to Install GM Global Warranty Management Application
Installing the GM Global Warranty Management System is a simple process. With just a few steps, you can easily set up the application and begin using it to its fullest potential. Here are ten steps on how to install the GM Global Warranty Management Application:
- Open the GM Warranty Parameters screen.
- Click on the Install Global Warranty option.
- The application setup will start downloading. Once downloaded, open the file to install the GM Global Warranty Management System.
- Click on the Next button to continue the installation process.
- Set the installation destination.
- Click Install to continue with the installation process.
- Once finished, the GM Global Warranty application will be installed.
- Find and click Cancel on the GM Warranty Parameters screen.
- Once done, you can Exit on the Warranty Parameters menu.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed the GM Global Warranty Management System.
The application is easy to install and use, providing real-time data to help identify warranty issues quickly and efficiently. GM Global Warranty Management also helps dealers comply with international laws and regulations related to warranty tracking, improving customer service, and reducing paperwork. In conclusion, GM Global Warranty Management is invaluable for managing warranties and ensuring customer satisfaction. Its easy-to-use interface and comprehensive coverage provide a powerful and efficient system that helps dealers provide better customer service.